Inclusion, Equality & Diversity Policy
Spin Inclusion Beliefs:
- Our priority is inclusion & equal opportunity. That means we focus on your talent, skills and output as the only criteria when it comes to hiring, progression & opportunities.
- Come as you are. We celebrate and welcome who you are, how you think and what drives you.
- We don’t make assumptions. We won’t assume your pronouns. We won’t assume your circumstances. We won’t assume your hobbies & personal choices.
- We do not impose our views and preferences onto others in the same way we don’t expect it to happen to us.
- We celebrate our differences, it makes us better marketers and better people.
- We are accepting of all viewpoints and will never shame someone for their own beliefs, nor will we accept it being done to others - history, politics, current events etc.
Some actions we are taking:
- We will create partnerships with Creative Access, Harrison Parrott and other similar organisations who support those from under-represented backgrounds in creative industries. (Q1 2022) - Actioned
- We will ensure that jobs are continually posted on large and diverse job boards. Indeed, LinkedIn, TotalJob, Reed, Google Jobs. (Immediate)
- We will continue to use recruiters to reach a further pool of candidates. (Immediate) - Actioned
How we filter CVs.
- We will be using Unbiasify to counter unconscious bias. (Immediate) - Actioned
- We will be asking recruiters to remove Names, Age & other personal information from CVs when we screen them. (Immediate) - Actioned / Difficult in practice
- We will be using Job Experience as the primary basis of filtering CVs (not education, address, name) though other factors will be considered where important (e.g. tertiary education where relevant, willingness to relocate, specific skills). (Immediate) - Actioned
How we conduct our process.
- We will ensure rotation of interviewers to ensure no single person or bias can drive a hire. This will be across pods and will be between Founders, Steering Team, Pod Leaders & Operations. (Immediate) - Actioned
- We will continue to use scorecards based on competencies and skills to make our decisions. (Immediate) - Actioned
- In the Discovery phase of looking at Spin.
- We will add more information to our About Us page and the people who work here to showcase personality and characteristics better. (Q1 2023) - Action Need / FAIL / Coming
- We will continue to ensure that our social channels accurately represent Spin as a workplace and will ensure it reflects all parts of our true culture. (Immediate) ) - Actioned
- Choice of wording and terminology will be considered to ensure that it gives an accurate reflection of what it is like working at Spin. It will also include statements to ensure that everyone feels that they can apply and will be considered equally. (Q1 2022) ) - Actioned
- Ensuring they have a desk setup somewhere central within the office.
- Taking time to do an introduction IRL as well as Slack.
- Ensuring that the buddy system is properly actioned, pairing them with someone with whom they have common ground and can connect with.
- We’ll be creating a simple ‘getting to know you’ questionnaire that will be optional but give people a chance to tell us the following:
- What name they prefer to go by.
- Their pronouns.
- How they prefer feedback.
- Any particular insecurities.
- Anything they wish people knew about them or common misconceptions.
- They will have the choice of who this is shared with (HR Only, Line Manager, Pod, Senior Management or the whole team).
Life in Spin.
- Socials are and will always be optional. We will endeavour to ensure they are varied and inclusive in nature.
- We will create an anonymous virtual comments box. This will be for anyone to log any concerns they have or situations they were uncomfortable with in regards to inclusion. This will only go to Nancy, Alex & Max.
- We never want anyone to feel uncomfortable asking for expenses or expected to take on costs that should be a Spin cost. So we encourage everyone to expense anything - we sincerely promise we want to and are happy to do it.
- We will be arranging a number of Skillshares to further educate on inclusion. These will include sessions on correct terminology, watching great videos/3rd party resources and is welcome to anyone to host a session on anything.
- We encourage you to add your pronouns to your email signature should you wish to do that.
- We will be creating an Inclusion, Diversity and Equality forum every 6 months to refresh this policy and discuss any new changes.