We're the leading social media agency in the business of spinning heads and stopping thumbs. We unleash the value of social for brands by combining expertise in data-driven strategy, innovative social campaigns, industry-leading creative, authentic content, and performance marketing to deliver measurable results. Founded by Max Whicher and Alex Bodini in 2016, Spin now boasts a team of over 50 proud social natives who deliver 360 social campaigns for global brands, including Google, Bupa, Ann Summers, Universal Music, Fujifilm, and Napolina.
We are a diverse group of creators, analysts, specialists, enthusiasts, deep-thinkers and boundary-pushers. And, of course, we can't forget about Strategists, and that’s where you come in!
Our blend of passion and fun has garnered us multiple awards for creating a fantastic workplace (this is where we brag about being recognised as one of the 'Top 100 Best Places to Work').
You can see more of what we're about at spinbrands.com and take a peek at our smiling faces on our 'About Us' page.
Less about us, more about you.
Ready to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding team?
As a social agency, we thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment where no two days are alike. In this energetic atmosphere, you'll experience accelerated growth, limitless learning opportunities, and rapid career development. So, buckle up.
We are seeking an experienced and visionary Senior Strategist to join our dynamic social media agency.
As the Senior Strategist, you will hold a leadership position, responsible for overseeing all strategic aspects of our campaigns and developing the in-house strategic approach to our social media services. This role presents an exciting opportunity to shape the direction of our agency's services and drive impactful results for our clients. Join our team of 50+ talented professionals and contribute to our continued growth and success.
Here’s what you’ll be doing…
- Lead the development and execution of comprehensive overarching communications strategy for our social media services & client campaigns, ensuring alignment with their business objectives.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to identify target audiences, industry trends, and competitor activities to inform strategy development using in-house tools, external data & our internal Data & Insights function.
- Interpret our client briefs and help devise the right internal briefs and battle plans for our six core teams to carry out and achieve the commercial objectives.
- Develop innovative and creative strategies and insights that leverage social media platforms to drive engagement, brand awareness, and conversions.
- Proactive client advisor, identifying opportunities for the brand to push it further in social.
- Collaborate with our team of Directors on the in-house strategy for our agency, aligning it with the overall business goals and objectives.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to ensure the agency remains at the forefront of innovation.
Team Leadership and Collaboration
- Upskill our existing team on best-in-class strategy - working with the core teams, Data & Insights and in time, building your own strategy team.
- Foster a collaborative work environment that encourages creativity, knowledge sharing, and effective communication.
- Build structures and frameworks for strategy that the wider team can use going forward.
Performance Analysis and Optimisation
- Monitor performance of our work, analysing data and key metrics to evaluate effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement optimisation strategies to enhance campaign performance and maximise client satisfaction.
- Provide insight and strategic know-how for client reviews such as QBRs.
Here’s what we need from you…
- Significant experience in a strategic planning role within a social media agency or similar digital marketing environment.
- Strong management experience
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms, trends, and best practices, in Organic social, Paid social, Production & Design.
- Proficiency in conducting market research, competitor analysis, and audience segmentation.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to align strategies with client objectives and agency goals.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas and strategies in a clear and compelling manner.
- Proficiency in using social media management tools and analytics platforms.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: From £55,000 (depending on experience) plus bonus
- Hours: 38 hours, 5 days a week (Mon-Fri)
- Location: Borough, London (hybrid - 2 days in the office per week)
- Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
- A chance to play a part and make a difference in a young, rapidly developing agency whilst building your career.
- Celebrate your wins with our quarterly bonus scheme - earn up to an impressive 20% additional salary. Cha-ching!
- Embrace the freedom of our flexi-working policy. No need to ask permission; grab your laptop, kick back in your favourite spot, and let the productivity flow from the comforts of home.
- Explore the world with our remote working policy, allowing you to work from anywhere (yes, even abroad!) for a whole month each year.
- Enjoy a well-deserved 25 days of holiday, with the option to snag more through our incentive scheme.
- Look after your mental health with access to Spill Chat, a support app that connects you with real-life therapists.
- Look forward to Fridays with 4 PM finishes. Start your weekend early and recharge those batteries.
- Put your health as a #1 priority with our excellent Bupa healthcare package.
- Bond with the team with team outings, monthly social events, and an epic annual trip. We know how to have fun; trust us.
- Always Be Curious: We thrive on curiosity. It's the driving force behind great marketing. We encourage you to explore the "what ifs" and freely experiment.
- Keep Up: We move fast and we always will. We're adaptable and dynamic. We welcome progress and change.
- Uphold High Standards: Don't let mediocrity creep in, or you'll get complacent. Take personal pride in what you do!
- Act With Initiative: The opportunity is yours, so spot it, and make it count. We don’t always have the answers, sometimes you need to jump in, think laterally and discover them yourselves
- Show Respect, Always: We’re a people-first business, they are what make us. We will maintain respect for one another, no matter the strain.
At Spin, we foster a vibrant work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and creative ideas. As strong advocates for inclusion and representation, we actively encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, regardless of race, disability, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age. Beyond compliance, we take pride in building a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity and champions inclusion, diversity, and representation.